This weekend, culture is king! Over 7,500 interactive cultural activities will be held in 900 communities across Canada for the sixth annual Culture Days.
It’s an opportunity to discover something new – to try a musical instrument, sing along with a big choir, attend an artist talk, join a musical jam session, or get your hands dirty at any number of creative workshops.
On the North Shore, over 50 FREE activities and events will be held throughout the weekend at six community culture hubs:
- Centennial Theatre
- Shipbuilders’ Square + Lonsdale Quay
- Lonsdale Cultural Corridor
- Lynn Valley Village
- Parkgate & Deep Cove
- ‘A Little Outside’ the Hubs
Here’s our top picks for LoLo:
- Traditional India ‘Rasa Flow Yoga’ at TriCity India Arts & Culture (161 East 1st Street): Friday 11am, Saturday 8am & 5pm, Sunday 8am & 5pm
- Free Dance Day at Perform Art Studios in Lonsdale Quay: Saturday 9am to 3pm
- Painting Demos & Art Rental Show at CityScape (335 Lonsdale Avenue): Saturday 12:30pm to 4pm
- Pickin’n’Singin Ukulele & African Drum Workshops in The Pipe Shop (Shipbuilders’ Square): Sunday 2pm to 3:45pm
- Pianos on the Street Grand Finale Showcase at Lonsdale Quay: Sunday at 3pm
2015 Culture Days is happening September 25, 26 & 27 across Canada. For more information on local Culture Days activities, visit bc.culturedays.ca/en