It’s finally here! A long weekend filled with delicious food and good times with the people we are most thankful for. Everyone’s family dynamic is different, but what would family be if we couldn’t totally be ourselves for the weekend–right? Here are 24 things we love/hate about Thanksgiving weekend with the family:
1. It’s Thanksgiving weekend and you’re excited for a chill time at home with the family.
2. And one thing is on your mind–turkey. Mmmmmm turkey…
3. You’re greeted with a warm hug from mom.
4. She’s clearly excited to have all the family under the same roof for the weekend.
5. And YOU’RE super excited to see your family pet. It’s been so long!
6. You’re crazy uncle shows up… bein’ all crazy ‘n stuff.
And you’re like…
7. You get woken up at a ridiculous hour the next morning.
8. But you quickly realize you get to laze around and be waited on–it’s thanksgiving weekend after all.
9. Then finally Sunday rolls around and you’re REALLY excited for that dinner.
10. Your anti-social cousin even decides to make an appearance.
11. And there’s always that one obnoxious family member that has to get their way.
12. A little top up couldn’t hurt…
13. Your date says something awkward…
And you’re just like…
14. But thank the lord the food is DELICIOUS.
15. And the wine is flowing.
16. But then someone starts a fight.
17. And the next thing you know…
18. So you try to calm everyone down.
19. But the chaos ultimately ensues.
20. So you decide to retire to your sleeping quarters and get away from it all.
21. And you wake up the next morning like…
22. But you go in the kitchen and everything and everyone is just hunky dory.
23. And you’re a little confused.
24. But that’s just thanksgiving with the family I guess.
Hope everyone has an eventful weekend!