During the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, time-saving meals are a great way to keep yourself going! When you have a busy lifestyle, it makes sense to prepare meals ahead of time.
One of my favourite things I love to prepare for breakfast or lunch when I’m on-the-go are these quinoa breakfast bites. They’re also a great way to make use of vegetable and meat odds and ends in the fridge.
What you need:
Muffin pan (12 cups)
Muffin cup liners
1 cup cooked quinoa (about 1/2 cup raw quinoa)
1 1/2 cups of chopped vegetable (tomatoes, spring onions, peppers, mushroom, spinach)
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Cheese, bacon bits, sausage, and chives
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line muffin tin and set aside.
2. In a medium skillet, cook the chopped meat and add the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables are softened.
3. Combine the veggie mixture and quinoa in a large bowl and mix well. Add the eggs and stir gently to incorporate.
4. Carefully fill the muffin tin with the egg & quinoa mixture and bake for about 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a rack – or directly into your mouth (they smell so good right out of the oven).
6. Serve a few with a small piece of fruit, or just grab some as your heading out the door, and…