A short fifteen minute drive from Lower Lonsdale is Quarry Rock: a 3.8k scenic hike through the dense North Vancouver forest. This large outcrop borders the north bank of Deep Cove and is the easternmost section of the Baden Powell Trail. The peak of the quarry is a great resting spot and has a panoramic view of Indian Arm.
- 30 mins up. 30 mins down.
- marked trail
- moderate difficulty
- Include your furry friends: Quarry Rock is an off-leash park
- Don’t forget your camera. The view at the top is a great background for your next selfie
- Ideal “date” hike because you don’t get too sweaty or tired
- Parking is sometimes a battle so take transit to avoid headaches
- Take Low Level Road, then take a slight right onto Cotton Road
- Continue onto Main Street, then continue onto Dollarton HWY
- Take a left at Riverside Drive
- A right onto Mt Seymour Parkway West
- Turn left onto Deep Cove Road
- Continue onto Gallant Avenue and then take a left onto Panorama Drive
- Destination will be on your left.
- At the Lonsdale Quay bus loop, take bus #229 to Phibbs Exchange bus loop.
- Then transfer to bus #212 and it will take you all the way to Deep Cove.
Here are a few of our favourite pics taken recently at Quarry Rock via Instagram:
A photo posted by Micayla Gatto (@micaylagatto) on