The forecast is looking immaculate for North Shore sun bathers.
1. Waterfront Park – Surprisingly, this park seems to always have lots of space to lay out and set up camp for the day. An unobstructed view of downtown Vancouver and Burrard Inlet makes for a great local bronzing spot… with a view!
2. Beach Volleyball Courts at the Shipyards – This is the best spot to get your Vitamin D and sweat on simultaneously. To reserve one of the bookable courts or for more information, contact the North Vancouver Recreation Commission at 604-983-6318.
3. Victoria Park – So this may not be the ideal place to strip down as there is a lot of foot traffic throughout the park, but it is isolated from the wind and even on a not-so-hot day it is a great sun catching spot… just keep your clothes on.
4. Lynn Headwaters – It may seem odd to go higher up the mountain for some sun, but this place is a mecca for pure, uninhibited sunning pleasure. There are so many trees around you that there is almost no wind, find a spot off the beaten path by the river and set up camp. If there are any nudists reading this, this is your spot.
5. Your Friend’s Pool – I was hoping to find some secret public outdoor pool that no one knows about but alas, there is no such thing. Everyone has that friend that has a pool, so put them first on your speed dial this summer. We at LowerLonsdale.ca are open to any pool invitations… just saying!
Please practice safe sunning and wear your SPF sunscreens & hats and always have a shade option nearby!