Black Friday: a day where people go nuts and spend their entire pay checks. Originally an American phenomena, the last few years have seen it explode into a shopping frenzy on this side of the border.
You have two choices on Black Friday: spend bank on a new flat screen TV/blender/designer purse and kiss your latest pay check goodbye, or keep calm and still have enough money to make rent.
Here’s five frugal things to do today:
- Take the GPS you bought on Black Friday last year and go Geocaching.
- Cook dinner for your friend/roommate/partner*. If you really want to get into the “holiday” spirit, try turning off the lights. Dinner in the dark à la Black Friday anyone?
*make them bring the wine
- Glow Bowling at North Shore Bowl. Black lights for Black Friday? Yes please.
- Neighbourhood hide and go seek. Ideally played with friends while walking home from the pub in the dark.
- Binge watch Jessica Jones on Netflix in your coziest PJs. So basically “Netflix and chill” before the phrase was corrupted by social media.